Frequently ask questions

Mining properties listed on this website are subject to laws including but not limited to, the Mineral Tenure Act and Mines Act. These laws should be reviewed in entirety as the questions and answers below have not been evaluated by the Ministry of Energy and Mines. Mining claims posted outside of British Columbia are subject to the laws of their respective jurisdiction. 

Q: What is a mining claim?
A: A mining claim is a surveyed parcel recorded with the Provincial Government that gives the owner the right to access, explore and develop its underlying minerals. 

Q: What do I need to buy mining claim?
A: You will need a FMC (Free Miners Certificate). A FMC costs $25.00.  You will need to show ID in person in a BC government office to obtain an FMC.

Q: If I buy a mining claim, how long do I own it for?
A: As long as your claim is renewed before its expiry date, the claim title ownership is yours for good. Keep your property in good standing by paying the yearly fees due. If improvements are made, or exploration work performed, the value of the work may be submitted online in lieu of the majority or all of this fee. 
Q: What is the difference between a Mineral Claim and a Placer Claim?
A: Minerals vary in the way they are deposited. A mineral claim is used when the target minerals occur in hard rock, such as gold bearing quartz veins. A placer claim is used when the target minerals occur in loose gravels, such as gold or platinum nuggets, jade boulders, etc.

Q: Can I sell my claim in the future?
A: Yes, you can sell or lease a mining claim at anytime. 

Q: What if I am contacted by a mining company to develop my claim?
A: If your claim covers ground currently targeted by mining companies, you may receive a financial offer to sell or lease the rights to your claim. You may wish to retain a net smelter return (NSR), which is a royalty or percentage paid to you based on of the value of the minerals developed. 

Q: I am interested in buying a mining claim listed on this website, what’s next?
A: Email or call us with your offer to reserve your claim, all mining properties are sold on a first come first serve basis. The title for claim is transferred immediately upon funds being cleared.    





Warning - All properties on this site are offered for mining purposes only. Title to a mineral or placer claim does not include ownership of the surface rights or the right to use the property for residential or recreational purposes.

This website and all of the information it contains are provided without warranty of any kind. Links and references are provided for information only and listings shall not be taken as endorsements of any kind. is not responsible for the content or reliability of the links and references and does not endorse the content, product, services or views expressed within them.

©2019 by Proudly created with